General Information Tab |
Your organization’s name as entered by Baker & Taylor. Typically, this is also the name associated with your accounts and our billing systems, thus any change will require Baker & Taylor assistance.
This is a shortened name or “nickname” for your organization. It enables Baker & Taylor support personnel to quickly pull up settings and carts for your organization without needing to remember the long formal organization name.
- If you are assigned admin type functionality, such as “maintain organization,” then you can edit the organization alias. Do so with caution since the Alias should be what both you and Baker & Taylor agree to use.
- To add or change the Alias, type within the dialog box and then click the SAVE button.
The information within this section should be kept current. Baker & Taylor support personnel will use it to contact your organization should it be required. We recommend this be the person with the highest level of authority or overall responsibility with regards to subscriptions to the TS 360 / Title Source 360 Web tool.
The full name of the person with overall responsibility within your organization for this Web-based tool. You may include the title if appropriate.
- To add or change the Contact Name, type within the dialog box and then click Save.
This is the complete telephone number Baker & Taylor support personnel should use to contact the person identified in the Contact Name field. If appropriate, consider including International Country Code, Area Code, Exchange, phone number, and extension. Remember, this number would be dialed from one of our locations within the United States.
To add or change the Phone number, type within the dialog box and then click Save.
Similar to the Phone, the FAX number would be used by Baker & Taylor support personnel when the need arises for us to send something via FAX to your organization. If appropriate, consider including International Country Code, Area Code, Exchange, phone number, and extension. Remember, this number would be dialed from one of our locations within the United States. This field is optional.
- To add or change the Fax number, type within the dialog box and then click Save.
This should contain the current email address for the Contact shown above.
Baker & Taylor support personnel will utilize this when email is the most appropriate means to communicate with your organization.
- To add or change the Email Address, type within the dialog box and then click Save.
- Address Line 1, 2, 3, 4
- Zip Code
This is the official address Baker & Taylor has for your organization contact. If this is incorrect or needs updated, please contact support personnel at Baker & Taylor.
- Click on the Edit button
- In the Select Product Lookup dialog box, you can add or change the data within the URL, INDEX, ISBN and SUFFIX fields. The function will concatenate the content of these four fields into a static URL string (search query). The ISBN varies by product, but the one used on this screen is for testing only. A default of “9780439064866” is provided, but you can change this to any ISBN contained in your database.
- Example: Static Product Lookup string which searches against the Library of Congress:
- URL: URL string for external access to your database, without any parameters
- INDEX: Parameters which precede the ISBN in the search query
- ISBN: Enter local test ISBN or accept the default, 9780439064866
- SUFFIX: Parameters which follow the ISBN in the search query
- The Product Lookup Link Displayed allows you to choose the type and number of link(s) needed for searching your database. You can choose ISBN, ISBN-10, or both ISBN and ISBN-10 by clicking a radio button.
- Test Product Lookup button: Allows you to test the generated search query string you have created without leaving the page to do so. If the search performs correctly from this page it will perform correctly when executed from search results. Tweak the various strings until they are correct.
- SAVE button: If the test is successful and you want to use the current setting when displaying products, then click the SAVE button to save.
- CANCEL button: If the test was not successful – or you do not wish to use the current settings when displaying products – then click the CANCEL button to prevent any changes from being saved or applied.
Orders Via Web
This is a read-only field set by Baker & Taylor. A value of “yes” indicates that orders may be placed directly from this website by your organization. A value of “no” indicates carts must first be downloaded and ordered from Baker & Taylor using a mechanism other than this website. Please note that in addition to this organization-level setting each user has a similar setting that enables/disables their personal authorization to submit an order.
Default Book Account
Allows you to identify or choose an account used as a default for your organization. If a default account has been chosen, it will be displayed in the drop-down, otherwise it will display empty. The Default Book Account is used to determine the displayed NET price for a book product whenever a user’s active/primary cart does not have an assigned Default Book Account. This is also used when displaying Net prices for promotions. If no default is set then NET Price will equal LIST Price when books are displayed on the screen or in reports.
- To change the default book account, click on the drop-down and choose from the available list of accounts. Select the account you would like to use and click the SAVE button at the bottom of the General Information screen.
Default Entertainment Account
Allows you to identify or choose an account used as a default for your organization. If a default account has been chosen, it will be displayed in the drop-down, otherwise it will display empty. The Default Entertainment Account is used to determine the displayed NET price for entertainment products, such as music and movies, whenever a user’s active/primary cart does not have an assigned Default Entertainment Account. This is also used when displaying Net prices for promotions. If no default is set then NET Price will equal LIST Price when entertainment products are displayed on the screen or in reports.
- To change the default entertainment account, click on the drop-down and choose from the available list of accounts. Select the account you would like to use and click the SAVE button at the bottom of the General Information screen.
Display Inventory for all Warehouses
This setting is controlled by Baker & Taylor. It indicates whether available inventory will be displayed for all Baker & Taylor warehouses or only the warehouse(s) assigned to default or assigned accounts. If the setting is yes, current inventory in all warehouses is displayed, without considering the availability of that inventory when your order is placed. If the setting is no, current available inventory is displayed for the designated warehouses, primary and secondary, assigned to the Default Account or Account(s) attached to the cart.
- This is a read-only setting. If this is incorrect or needs updated, please contact support personnel at Baker & Taylor. The setting applies to all accounts, carts, and users in your organization.
Web Market Type
This setting is controlled by Baker & Taylor. It is used to control the set of products available to you, as well as the functionality and look and feel of the website. You can be assured that every Web market type will have their own specially-crafted website experience at Baker & Taylor.
Indicates whether Baker & Taylor has received a signed affidavit from your organization. This is required before we can ship some specially marked products to your organization before the Street/Release date. This would enable your organization to have product on shelves at the earliest possible date allowed by the publisher/supplier.
View Carts Button |
Allows any User ID assigned admin-like functionality to view all carts for any or all users in your organization. Although your personal carts are included, you should use the “Manage Carts” section to actually manage your personal carts. You should use this screen to manage other carts for your organization or on behalf of a fellow user. The Filter Carts Manager and breadcrumb navigation allow you to drill down and return to a higher-level. The User Login ID and folder/subfolder location of each cart is displayed for your convenience.
Create User Button |
If your ID has been enabled for “Create User” functionality then this button
enables you to create another User ID for your organization.
- To create the User ID for your organization, you will need to fill in several fields. Each user will be able to edit most of these settings whenever appropriate. Changing the assigned functions requires a User ID assigned “Maintain User” functionality.
- Login ID: required (no white-space or special characters)
- User Name: required
- Functions: optional - Submit Order; Maintain Organization
- Email Address: required – used to deliver temporary password
- Confirm Email Address: required
- Product Type: optional – select ALL initially. (Movie, Music, Book)
- Audience Type: optional – select ALL initially
- Default Quantity: optional – presets quantity when adding to cart
- When all required information has been supplied, click the SAVE button.
- A “Welcome Letter” email will be sent to the email address provided for the new User ID.
Premium Services Tab |
This tab displays read-only information generally pertaining to extra features/functionality to which your organization has or could subscribe. Contact your Baker & Taylor Sales Representative to request any desired changes.
- Subscription Start Date: Usually, the date your organization started with
Baker & Taylor
- Subscription End Date: Usually, next renewal date for fee-based functionality
- Total Regular User IDs: Number of User IDs your organization may create/maintain
- Number of User IDs used: Number of User IDs currently in use by your organization
- Tables of Contents: If checked, User IDs will have access to Tables of Contents
- Enhanced Entertainment Data: If checked, User IDs will have access to enriched Muze A/V data
- Full-Text Reviews: The number of reviews subscribed to by your organization. User IDs have access to reviews from each checked review source
Home Delivery Tab |
This tab is only applicable to the Retail market and displays only if your retail organization is enabled for Home Delivery (Ship-to-Home) functionality. Use this tab to customize applicable surcharges and messages.
Additional Fees |
Click the link to open dialog for adding additional fees.
- Active: Check the checkbox to activate the fee. It will be applied on the next Home Delivery order.
- Fee Type: Choose between Per Order (fee is added once per order) and Per Unit (fee is added for each item ordered).
- Fee Label: This label will display on the customer’s receipt alongside the charged fee.
- Fee Description: This description is strictly for your use and will not display on the receipt.
- Fee Amount: Enter a numeric value that will be used in determining the fee. Values such 2.50 can specify the $ amount or a % amount multiplied against a price or total.
- Percent Indicator: If the Fee Amount is a dollar amount leave this box unchecked. Check this box and the Fee Amount will be multiplied against the Total Price (Per Order) or against the List Price (Per Unit) to determine the dynamic amount of the fee.
Enter the message you wish printed on your Customer’s receipt regarding product returns. It will take effect on the next Home Delivery order.
Enter any marketing message or other message you wish printed on your Customer’s receipt. It will take effect on the next Home Delivery order.
You can upload your company logo using the button.
Ship-To Accounts Tab |
This is where you can view and/or manage all Ship-To Accounts Baker & Taylor has associated with your organization. Changes require the “Maintain Organization” user function to be assigned to your User ID.
- Account Name: This is the read-only name given to the account by
Baker & Taylor. If hyperlinked you can view additional detail regarding the Ship-To Account. You can set the “Max Copies Per Line” value on the resulting screen.
- Account Alias: This field can be edited and serve as an account nickname for quick reference.
- Ship-To Account Number: This is the associated Baker & Taylor internal account number.
- San/SanSuffix: This is the San/SanSuffix associated with the Ship–To account.
- Bill-To Account Number: This is the associated Baker & Taylor internal billing account number tied to the Ship-To Account.
- Ship-To Address: This is the address where associated orders will be delivered.
- Users: This field shows the number of User IDs in your organization who are currently authorized to use the account by attaching it to a cart. If hyperlinked, you can quickly view/manage this authorization in a popup window.
- Product Type: This indicates whether the account is for Book product or Entertainment product.
- Default Account: You may use the checkboxes to view/select the default Book Account and default Entertainment Account. (Max of 1 each).
- Disable: You may use a checkbox to disable/enable an account.
- Disabled Reason / Login ID / Date: Whenever an account is disabled, relevant information is saved and displayed here.
- If you make any changes, please click the SAVE button if you want to save them.
Payment Options Tab |
The Payment Options tab is available after clicking on the Account Name hyperlink on a Ship-To-Account. Any unsecured data for an associated Credit Card for the account will be displayed.
- The “Add Additional Credit Card” link on the top-right of the tab enables you to set up additional credit cards in a SSL secure popup window. At a minimum you will need to provide information for all fields in bold. Click the Save Credit Card button when finished.
Bill-To Accounts Tab |
This is where you can view all Bill-To Accounts Baker & Taylor has associated with your organization. You may have more than one Ship-To Account sharing a common Bill-To Account. Changes require the “Maintain Organization” user function to be assigned to your User ID.
- Account Name: This is the read-only name given to the account by
Baker & Taylor. If hyperlinked you can view additional detail regarding the Bill-To account. You can set the “Max Copies Per Line” value on the resulting screen, as well as enter an Alias for the account.
- Bill-To Account Number: This is the associated Baker & Taylor internal Account Number.
- Bill-To Address: This is the address where invoices will be sent.
- Credit Terms: This indicates the payment terms assigned to the account.
Users Tab |
This is where you can view all User IDs associated with your organization. You can also manage or make changes to these IDs if your own User ID is assigned the “Maintain User” function. If you are authorized the “Create User” function and the current number of authorized IDs has not been met, then you will also have access to the [Create User] button. If so, see the “create-user” functionality described earlier.
- User Name: This is usually the combined first and last name for the user. If hyperlinked, you will be able to get direct access to all these fields and edit their values.
- Login ID: The ID which the user uses to login. This Login ID cannot contain
any white-space or special characters.
- Number of Accounts: The number of Ship-To Accounts assigned for use by each User ID. If hyperlinked, you can view and make changes to how each account and User ID are associated:
- Create Carts (add the account to a cart)
- View Orders (view actual invoices for the account)
- Functions: View the list of functions assigned to each User ID. Changes can be made by clicking on the hyperlinked User Name.
- Email: View the current email address assigned to each User ID. Changes can be made by clicking on the hyperlinked User Name.
- Disable : If the checkbox is checked then the User ID is disabled (cannot login), but all options and all carts are retained. To re-enable the User ID you can uncheck the box.